An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced sales negotiator to join the Charnock Bates team.
The successful candidate will oversee the sale of residential, agricultural properties and land, from initial client instruction through to legal completion. Responsible for a portfolio of high value residential properties, the role will involve attending new instructions at an early stage to view the property, assist the clients in completion of legal documentation, including Terms of Engagement and Property Information Questionnaire. Obtaining client identification as set out within current legislation and company policy, undertaking AML checks via external platforms and completion of identity verification forms.
The role will also involve working alongside the estate agency sales manager and director, assisting in the management and development of the sales team and development of the business. Supervision of the sales team will include acting as mentor to junior/trainee employees, along with coaching and developing more experience members of the team with a strong focus on customer service and achieving sales targets.
- Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturdays 1 in 4 9.00am – 1.00pm
- £24,000 – £26,000 dependent on experience
- 25 Days Annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Attractive commission structure
- Bonus Holiday days over Christmas
- Annual Salary Review
- Long service benefits every 5 years
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV onto Lisa Frost e:email@example.com.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the vendor relationship throughout the sales process, dealing with incoming enquiries, providing regular client feedback, offering recommendations to assist in achieving a prompt sale at the best possible price, receiving offers, and qualifying the financial ability of purchasers to proceed with the sale at the agreed level.
- In addition to attending properties at the initial take on appointment the negotiator will be responsible for developing business opportunities wherever possible, whether with a view to directing opportunities to the sales department or cross selling to other departments within the Walker Singleton group, or external suppliers.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of a portfolio of high value residential sale properties, specialising in homes with a value exceeding £700,000.
- Provide initiative-taking support to vendors, ensuring regular contact and assistance is provided throughout the marketing period.
- Attend properties and provide guidance to vendors on the completion of terms of engagement and property information forms.
- Consult with external contractors during the preparation of the marketing particulars to arrange professional photographers, aerial imagery, floorplans, and EPC’s
- Agreeing draft sales particulars with vendors prior to going to the open market
- Handling sales enquiries, arranging/attending viewings, whether accompanied or with the vendor.
- Following up viewings and providing constructive feedback and recommendations to vendors
- Actively manage stocks level with an initiative-taking approach to advising and agreeing price reductions where applicable
- Offer professional advice to vendors relating to all aspects of property sales.
- Registering new clients/applicants ensuring we obtain all relevant details at point of registration.
- Ensuring customer requirements are regularly updated, making regular contact to assist wherever possible in finding them a property that matches their specific requirements.
- Always identifying opportunities for cross selling other aspects of the business, ensuring no valuation opportunities are missed when registering clients who have houses to sell and offering other services, or referrals including mortgage advice, conveyancing, surveys, and auction services.
- Successfully negotiating offers on residential properties to achieve the best possible price for our vendor.
- Ensuring full chain checks are completed.
- Make sure all AML checks are conducted on the vendor/purchaser and all the relevant AML documents have been completed in full before agreeing the sale.
- Assist in supervising the sales team, with a focus on maintaining customer service levels and achieving sales targets.
- Charing regular sales meetings and reporting to the residential sales manager and director.
The use of external platforms to obtain specific information relating to the property, including, but not limited to, local authority planning portals, pro-map, land registry and property portals. Reviewing title plans, deed and lease documents and interpreting this information to provide factual marketing information and advice to vendors and prospective purchasers.
- Ability to provide elevated level of customer service in a sales driven environment
- Experience in residential estate agency, preferably in dealing with the sale of high value homes.
- Extremely confident in dealing with high pressure situations.
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Ability to use initiative to ensure productivity
- Ability to motivate self and contribute to the team
- It literate
- Flexible approach always aimed at exceeding client expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office applications
- Full UK driving Licence
- Use of own motor vehicle
Any other duties as required.
Achieve and maintain an exceptional level of customer service and always promote exemplary customer care standards.
Be fully conversant with the company’s compliance policies and procedures and ensure full compliance with those relevant to the role.
Transparency, commission disclosure and conflicts of interest:
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- General conduct of business and our regulators
- Training and Competence
Ensure all relevant business activities fully comply with professional standards, regulation, and company procedures. Use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
Conduct learning, training, and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual Training & Competence (T&C) programme applicable to you. Identify further areas for own development as required.
Promote and embed a TCF culture in all respective business areas.
Ensure compliance with all other applicable legislation, including but not limited to, The Bribery Act 2010, The Data Protection Act 1998, and so on. Also, to ensure that all company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to as they may apply from time to time.
Ensure full adherence to the company’s Data Security Policy.
Assume personal responsibility for personal data (client and employee) you control/manage, to ensure it is securely held and effectively used in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to a director.